This group’s goal is to evaluate and recommend best practices, rework equipment requirements, and procedures for best of breed lead-free rework processing in a manufacturing environment. The project is divided into 5 groups:
- Rework repeatability: Using retrofit rework rider machine to determine temperature repeatability of rework machines.
- Mini-pot wave rework: Mini-pot rework development of DIMM and DIP through-hole components on a 125mil thick iNEMI test board.
- iNEMI BGA socket/ QFN group: BGA socket and QFN rework optimization on a 125mil thick test board.
- Adjacent component rework group: μBGA rework process development to prevent adjacent component reflow causing reliability issues on a 125mil thick iNEMI test vehicle board.
- Reliability tests: ATC Reliability testing (0 to 100C, 6,000 cycles) on a 125mil iNEMI test vehicle board which has been reworked at the DIMM, DIP, BGA socket and μBGA component locations. IST and CAF testing of 125mil iNEMI test vehicle board after assembly and rework.
- Determined rework machine temperature repeatability on a range of rework equipment
- Developed rework processes for mini-pot rework
- Optimized BGA socket and QFN rework process
- Developed rework process for μBGAs to prevent adjacent component reflow
Statement of Work
Pb-Free Rework Optimization, Phase 3 (Reliability Evaluation)
- Statement of Work (Version 2.4; August 28, 2009) (initial sign-up ended October 8, 2009)
For Additional Information