High-Temperature, Pb-free Die-Attach Material
- Click here to download presentation (March 23, 2017).
- This webinar was open to members and non-members.
Statement of Work and Project Statement
- Call for Participation Webinar Presentation (April 14, 2016)
- There is no single identified drop-in solution for high-temp Pb-free material for die-attach that can replace current high Pb options.
- Higher junction temperature for under-the-hood automotive application requires higher reliability alloys which can fulfill the stringent TCT requirement.
Purpose of Project
- The purpose of this project is to assess the processability and reliability of different Pb-free materials available for power semiconductor die-attach application on leadframe or ceramic substrate, which is using Pb-containing material currently. This is one of the challenges in material identified in 2013 iNEMI Packaging Technology Roadmap chapter.
- This project is phased approaches. Phase 1 is to conduct the benchmarking on the technology or material availability and trends with current POR material and process. Phase 2 is to perform the experiment to ensure the reliability performances by selecting the material candidates.
- The anticipated benefits are to provide the various options of material solutions from the two phased projects.
- Application targets – Power MOSFET, IGBT modules, Integrated Power modules.